Airport retail launch
Hamleys Larnaca International Airport - Cyprus' major airport
Hamleys UK wereseeking a position within the main Cyprus International Airport through theirCyprus business partner; one that ensured maximum profit margin and substantialbrand exposure.
The challengewas to secure and negotiate the best location within Larnaca InternationalAirport (to attract passengers both arriving and departing the airport),project manage the store opening (including recruiting and training allpersonal and establishing all sales and operational procedures) and deliver thebrand in accordance with Hamleys requirements.
- secure the best location andfixed directional signage in key locations
- successfully recruit a team ofoutstanding individuals who fully understood and embraced the Hamleys brand
- deliver an engaging andentertaining retail experience including regular promotional activities,product demonstrations and events
- deliver a successful financialoutcome despite challenging market conditions
- boost Hamleys brand in othermarkets including the Middle East, Scandanavia & Russia
Helen Barnish - Head of International Development Hamleys of London
"Sarah is a passionate and highly creative retailer who operates with tenacity and a positive 'can do' attitude, delivering outstanding results. As a strong leader and motivator, carrying the important characteristics and interpersonal skills required for working on an international level, Sarah was able to very quickly make the appropriate relationships for developing strong teamwork, networks and management success throughout..In successfully delivering the Hamleys brand into the Cyprus market, Sarah further supported our partner in Russia, on both occasions demonstrating her full understanding of our brand, the complete retail requirements of a franchisee, the importance of market and cultural differences, store design and visual merchandising; resulting in increased sales results and partners fully understanding and maintaining our brand consistency and customer experience."