Brand understanding and maintenance - Russia
Hamleys in Moscow
In the launch of Hamleys into Moscow, Russia, we were asked to support their international partner with training and further development of their Senior management teams as well as provide support to their store operations, buying and marketing teams in preparation for their first Christmas trading period.
This project required being physically present on the shop floor at all times, delivering onsite training and workshops to both senior members of management and store personnel ensuring the full understanding and delivery of the Hamley’s experience.
- Significantly improve the store’s visual merchandising and space management, reducing inventory and maximizing sales.
- Further the understanding of the Hamleys retail experience, through on the ground demonstrations, resulting in a significant uplift in sales.
- Determine the most appropriate logistical solutions for the successful running operations of the store during the Christmas period.
- Successfully agree on a number of cost effective marketing strategies for prior and post the Christmas period to further brand awareness drive traffic, increase basket value and ensure customer loyalty.
- Assess the current product ranges and success to date; determining the areas for improvement and further development.
- Achieve successful financial outcomes throughout the Christmas period.
Helen Barnish - Head of International Development Hamleys of London
"Sarah is a passionate and highly creative retailer who operates with tenacity and a positive 'can do' attitude, delivering outstanding results. As a strong leader and motivator, carrying the important characteristics and interpersonal skills required for working on an international level, Sarah was able to very quickly make the appropriate relationships for developing strong teamwork, networks and management success throughout.. In successfully delivering the Hamleys brand into the Cyprus market, Sarah further supported our partner in Russia, on both occasions demonstrating her full understanding of our brand, the complete retail requirements of a franchisee, the importance of market and cultural differences, store design and visual merchandising; resulting in increased sales results and partners fully understanding and maintaining our brand consistency and customer experience."